12/13/10

Merry Graduation!

We watched a movie called "Julia and Julia" today and I feel so inspired! The first thing I did was, of course, buy some eggs and make poached eggs and Hollandaise sauce for me and my husband, followed by cappuccinos with the homemade whipping cream i made from the egg whites. By homemade whipping cream I mean whipping cream, egg whites, sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon whipped by my hand mixer for maybe 10-15 minutes. It never really got firm, a few bubbles on the top...but that was all haha. So instead of the cake I was going to make, it became cappuccinos. I am a cooking genius! But besides just inspiring me to cook the expensive delicious foods that I cannot afford, it has also inspired me to work harder on my blog (in theory). So here I am, dutifully writing to the nobody crowd reading this. Or not reading it, whatever you imaginary people do. (http://blog.getcracking.ca/)
My eggs didn't really look this good either...
Another thing to celebrate besides my cooking genius is that my husband, Jordan, is graduating highschool this week. Yes, he was in highschool, in fact we are both only 19 years old, and no, our parents didn't approve. I guess you could say that deep down, some part of me is a sucker for a good romance novel. The other part of me says life's too short to worry about 20 years from now, and we'll worry about it then. For now we have been homeless together, lived through family fueds to last a lifetime, and survived highschool. I think that is more than enough for any couple to "prove" love to even the worst of doubts, unless of course you are our parents. It's their job to question everything, they are like each child's individual philosopher, forever confusing them with pointless, imaginary logic and sometimes falling upon the world's greatest word's of wisdom. I wish I would stumble on some of that wisdom sometime, but for now, I think I will just appreciate it.
self explained.
Anyways, back to the subject of graduating. We are finally out of highschool! That is it! Forever!!!! I say we because I too have been subject to waking early for school rides when i need the car, and working with homework, over the past 2 years that I have been out. It hardly feels I left, well, more like I left all the fun and socializing part of school and kept the horrible homework part and late-night projects. So in a way this is a graduation for the both of us, and, honestly, I'm not too sure what to do next. It's this feeling of demanded plans all over again. "are you going to college?" "are you moving?" "are you going to have a baby?" "what do you mean you don't want a baby, i want grandkids!" oh sorry, mixed that up with my mother in law...But the point is that, I really don't know the answer to any of these. Jordan and I really have no plans, except maybe NOT having a baby. At least not until we have a proper house to raise a kid in. Even that decision seems to upset people. I feel as if action is demanded of me, or I will be forced into a world drowning in social pressures. The "grown-up" thing would be to let this go and not to care, and even if my actions may not change, the fact is my heart is still a culprit to every word someone I love says to me. That is the part that can't shake it and just let myself live without a plan, much like the desire people seem to have of writing New Year's resolution's they never fulfill.
I think now is the time to say...I need to think more like Calvin and Hobbes
Quote to think about: "It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do." ~Jerome K. Jerome


2 comments:

  1. awesome glad ur bloging...keep it going...of course u can follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on being done with high school! Wise to wait a bit too with kids; enjoy a little bit of life being being "saddled" with the responsibility of them.

    betty

    ReplyDelete